Discovery’s motors are on the cutting edge of mud motor technology, strength and performance. All major torque carrying components including the bit mandrel and transmission couplings have been redesigned and enlarged to handle the increased torque of “Even Walled” and “Hard-Rubber” power sections. Thrust and radial bearing capacity has been increased and a new, improved carbide coating used on radial bearings provides extended wear life. A uniquely designed mandrel catch device provides reduced stress concentration over previous designs and supports the mandrel shaft reducing bending stress. A redesigned stator connection reduces cracked threads and provides protection from corrosive drilling fluids.
These improvements allow the motor to easily handle the most extreme drilling conditions while utilizing the increased torque from “Even-Walled” and “Hard-Rubber” power sections. This enables drillers to maximize rate of penetration and be highly competitive in today’s drilling market. Discovery motors are available in sizes ranging from 4-3/4″ to 9 5/8″ diameters and are available in several configurations including adjustable bent housing, fixed end housing, or straight housing with Discovery’s jaw clutch or flexshaft driveshaft.
Key Features of the Discovery Motors:
- Durable mud lubricated bearing assembly
- Exceptionally strong forged alloy steel bearing mandrel
- Improved mandrel catch device
- Highly thrust and radial capacity
- Improved radial bearing carbide coating
- Larger and stronger flow diverter and rotor connections
- Improved stator connection
- Compatible with “Even-Walled” and “Hard-Rubber” power section